Tuesday 10 to 4
Wednesday 10 to 2
Thursday 10 to 2
Friday 10 to 2
Saturday 10 to 2
Unity Public Library
38 School Street
P.O. Box 338
Unity, Maine 04988
Search the catalog. Look for a book and put it on hold. Log on to place holds or renew items.
Can’t find it? Request an interlibrary loan.
SMALL WORKS, BIG DREAMS
A holiday art show November 7 to December 22
Eight artists who have previously shown their work at the library will fill the space with their art and have generously pledged to donate 20% of the proceeds from sales toward library programs. The artists are Kelly Desrosiers, Amy Gagnon, Vanessa Haley, Arlene Hulva, Sue Kischitz, Lyndsey Marston, Lucky Platt and Pam Schillab. Paintings and drawings, prints, mixed media art, fabric sculptures and digitally produced images are among the media that will be on display at affordable prices for holiday shopping. The show will be open from November 7th to December 22nd whenever the library is open. An opening reception will be held at the library on November 10th from 5:00-8:00 and everyone is enthusiastically invited to attend to meet the artists and enjoy light refreshments as you enjoy the art. Please join us!
Halloween Book Sale, Obstacle Course, StoryTime, and Crafts.
Five more weeks of this great class. Join us at the Community Center Mondays and Fridays at 9am. Cathryn will keep you moving for 45 minutes. You’ll be stretching and strengthening in good company.
Get Comfortable with our Digital Resources
Unity Public Library is part of the Maine Regional Library System. This means great online resources for our patrons.
- Interlibrary Loans: Request a book that we don’t have in our library and we will get it for you from another library.
- Cloud Library for eBooks and audio books: Download the Cloud Library app and log in using your library card number. Read or listen to books on your phone or tablet.
- Bangor Public Library cards are free for our members. Apply with us and get access to BPL’s extensive digital resources including their enhanced Cloud Library.
- Genealogy resources like Ancestry.com and MyHeritage are available at the library. Volunteers are available to help you navigate these tools.
- Digital Maine Library: thousands of magazines, newspapers, and references available through this expansive online resource to all Maine citizens.
Weekly at the Library
Udemy is an online learning platform for adults who want to grow professionally or further develop a personal interest. Choose from thousands of continuously updated, on-demand video courses in business, technology, design, and personal enrichment.
Why wait? Grab your library card and take your skills to the next level! Visit Udemy at UPL for access. Your library card number is your password.
Unity Public Library opened on January 22, 2022 and is run by a team of dedicated volunteers. We serve the towns of Unity, Troy, Thorndike, Burnham, Freedom, and Knox. Library cards are free to anyone. Unity Public Library is a member of the Maine State Library System.