Tuesday 10 to 4
Wednesday 10 to 2
Thursday 10 to 2
Friday 10 to 2
Saturday 10 to 2
Unity Public Library
38 School Street
P.O. Box 338
Unity, Maine 04988
Search the catalog. Look for a book and put it on hold. Log on to place holds or renew items.
Can’t find it? Request an interlibrary loan.
Great August events at the library included Milkwood Puppet Theater, Flyrod Crosby Day, and a reading by Alexandra Hinrichs, author of The Lobster Lady.
Created by StoryCorps, One Small Step is an effort to remind the country of the humanity in
all of us, even those with whom we disagree. The initiative brings strangers with different political views together to record a 50-minute conversation—not to debate politics, but to learn who we are as people.
One Small Step is based on contact theory, which states that a meaningful interaction
between people with opposing views can help turn “thems” into “us-es.” Its scientific and
systematic approach is supported by a group of advisors that includes scientists, researchers,
To date, more than 3,400 people across 40 states have recorded a 50-minute One Small Step
interview. Together, we can show the country what it means to have the courage to listen. Your conversation can happen right here in the library. Sign up!
Get Comfortable with our New Resources
Unity Public Library is now part of the Maine Regional Library System. This means great new resources for our patrons.
- Interlibrary Loans: Request a book that we don’t have in our library and we will get it for you from another library.
- Cloud Library for eBooks and audio books: Download the Cloud Library app and log in using your library card number. Read or listen to books on your phone or tablet.
- Bangor Public Library cards are free for our members. Apply with us and get access to BPL’s extensive digital resources including their enhanced Cloud Library.
- Genealogy resources like Ancestry.com and MyHeritage are available at the library. Volunteers are available to help you navigate these tools.
- Digital Maine Library: thousands of magazines, newspapers, and references available through this expansive online resource to all Maine citizens.
Weekly at the Library
Udemy is an online learning platform for adults who want to grow professionally or further develop a personal interest. Choose from thousands of continuously updated, on-demand video courses in business, technology, design, and personal enrichment.
Why wait? Grab your library card and take your skills to the next level! Visit Udemy at UPL for access. Your library card number is your password.
Unity Public Library opened on January 22, 2022 and is run by a team of dedicated volunteers. We serve the towns of Unity, Troy, Thorndike, Burnham, Freedom, and Knox. Library cards are free to anyone. Unity Public Library is a member of the Maine State Library System.