Tuesday 10 to 4
Wednesday 10 to 2
Thursday 10 to 2
Friday 10 to 2
Saturday 10 to 2
Unity Public Library
38 School Street
P.O. Box 338
Unity, Maine 04988
Search the catalog. Look for a book and put it on hold. Log on to place holds or renew items.
Can’t find it? Request an interlibrary loan.
The Northern Stars Planetarium program location will be the elementary school gym on School Street. In an inflatable planetarium that can hold 50 people, astronomer John Meader will take us on a tour of the stars.
The Galileo telescope lesson and the Jamie Hogan reading/talk will happen at the library.
We are pleased to partner with Waldo CAP to offer this series of free computer literacy classes for seniors at our library.
Tuesday, March 28, at 11 am Identifying Frauds and Scams
Learn about the different types of internet fraud and scams, the dos and don’ts of protecting yourself online and what to do if you have experienced online fraud or abuse.
We will have coffee and doughnuts, and our own Tech Team will be on hand to help you problem solve any device or email issues you have.
No devices are required; just bring yourself. Free. Call the library at 948-2665 to reserve your spot.
Get Comfortable with our New Resources
Unity Public Library is now part of the Maine Regional Library System. This means great new resources for our patrons.
- Interlibrary Loans: Request a book that we don’t have in our library and we will get it for you from another library. You can also use the online search function to request items from other Balsam libraries.
- Cloud Library for eBooks and audio books: Download the Cloud Library app and log in using your library card number.
- Bangor Public Library cards are free for our members. Apply with us and get access to BPL’s extensive digital resources including their enhanced Cloud Library.
- Genealogy resources like Ancestry.com and MyHeritage are available at the library. On Tuesdays from 2 to 4 volunteers Elizabeth and Chia will help you navigate these tools.
- Digital Maine Library: thousands of magazines, newspapers, and references available through this expansive online resource to all Maine citizens.
Weekly at the Library
Udemy is an online learning platform for adults who want to grow professionally or further develop a personal interest. Choose from thousands of continuously updated, on-demand video courses in business, technology, design, and personal enrichment.
Why wait? Grab your library card and take your skills to the next level! Visit Udemy at UPL for access. Your library card number is your password.
Unity Public Library opened on January 22, 2022 and is run by a team of dedicated volunteers. We serve the towns of Unity, Troy, Thorndike, Burnham, Freedom, and Knox. Library cards are free to anyone. This year we will be applying for membership in the Maine State Library System.