Donate to the Library
Unity Public Library is a tax exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization so that your donations may be tax deductible.
Checks may be written to Unity Public Library and mailed to Unity Public Library, PO Box 338, Unity, Maine 04988. To give online use the donate button below. Thank you for your support and enthusiasm as we create our own public library.
Unity Public Library Book Donation Policy
Donations of hardcover, paperback & audio books, DVDs, CDs in good condition or better are always welcome. Please be sure items are clean (do not emit an odor or physically appear to be musty or moldy) and undamaged.
Right now before the library is officially open, please make an appointment to bring in your donations. You can make arrangements by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (207-680-5819). Please do not leave donations at the door. The weather will get to them before we do.
We ask that donations be brought in a bag or a box and no more than 2 boxes at a time for now.
Sorry, but we cannot accept the following:
- Items that appear to be moldy/mildewed or that have a musty odor
- Books with stained or torn covers
- Books with content that is underlined, highlighted &/or annotated
- Encyclopedias (unless they are more than 100 years old)
- Readers Digest condensed books
- Vinyl records, cassette tapes, and VHS tapes
- Most textbooks (call first to see if the age and topics of the textbooks you want to donate will be something that we feel our buyers will purchase)
- Medical or health books more than 3 years old
- Technical or computer books more than 2 years old
Once donations are accepted, they may be added to the Library’s collection, sold at a book sale or via an on-line outlet. In the event of items being sold, the proceeds are used to support library programs.